Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Highlights

Hope everybody out there had a very happy Thanksgiving!! I consider Thanksgiving to be our greatest American holiday and was very thankful I was able to get to my parents' for the week.

I was absent from the blogosphere because there was so much to do. Some of the highlights:

#1: I got a haircut! My general rule is to get two haircuts a year--typically one around Thanksgiving, and the other around June-ish--and I have followed this philosophy for about 5 years now. Here's a pic of me with my new 'do next to my banjo-pickin' father.


#2: Thanksgiving Dinner. Mmmmmm. I would show you pictures of the food, but I'd just want to eat even more myself. The Hellman Thanksgiving dinner, by the way, came complete with four different pies: chocolate mousse, apple, pumpkin, and my favorite, grasshopper pie.

#3: Annual Pacers game. Every year the Indiana Pacers play a game the day after Thanksgiving, and we try and go as a family. This year's contest was against the Cleveland Cavaliers, a hot ticket due to the brilliant play of LeBron James. The game was a decent one--LeBron got his (30 points) but scrappy play by the Pacers (I was impressed with Lithuanian sharpshooter Sarunas Jasikevicius, veteran PG Darrell Armstrong, and of course the team's best player Jermaine O'Neal, who scored 29) allowed Indiana to pull off a comeback victory. As an added bonus, the Cavs wore their old orange sherbert-colored jerseys from the 80s. Furthermore, this marked the first-ever Pacers game for Henry, my one-year-old nephew. Here he is celebrating the Pacers' victory with the rest of the gang:



#4: Henry's 1st Birthday Party. You gotta love the 1st Birthday Party, where the object of celebration is generally unaware of the importance of the day. I got him a bunch of Spider-Man nerf balls. But the hit of the day was definitely the tigger doll which bounces up and down on its tail when you squeeze its hand. Pictures to follow in a subsequent post because they're just too cute to be confined to a single blog post (and also I can't get blogger.com to post any more photos right now...)

Now it's back to work tomorrow...both in terms of getting back to my lab work, as well as spending more time improving my French! Au revoir (for now)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home