Monday, November 13, 2006

A Shout Out to Saint Christopher

I'd better start praying to Saint Christopher (patron saint of traveling) right now...

To explain: a few days ago, a nice little opportunity fell into my lap. One of my research mentors from Philly invited me to attend the American Society of Nephrology in San Diego, courtesy of some extra grant money he has lying around. The meeting begins, in fact, Wednesday, so I had to really race to find a halfway-decently-priced airplane ticket that would also jive with my already-purchased ticket to Indianapolis (to visit the Hellman family for Thanksgiving).

To make a long story short: I managed to get myself to San Diego by the time the meeting starts. However, I'm going to be taking the Paris-to-Philadelphia-to-Indianapolis-to-spend-a-night-at-Mom-and-Dad's-to-Denver-to-San Diego route. In other words, not exactly the express route, and it will be a minor miracle if every single one of these connections goes down without a hitch. Yo, Chris--you got my back for the next few weeks?

This year's slogan for the ASN meeting: "Kidney Mania: Catch the Fever!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home