Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Home for the Holidays


As reluctant as I am to call Indianapolis "home", this is where I generally come for family-type holidays such as Thanksgiving, and if home is where your family & loved ones gather, than this is definitely home.

The ASN (American Society of Nephrology) meeting in San Diego was extremely interesting and all in all was much better than a meeting which my budding nephrologist friend Jon said was not worth more than a "hill of beans" (a little nephrologic humor there....up, why is nobody laughing?)

Now I am in Indy with Claire, my parents, my sisters Susie and Cathy, my brother-in-law Tim, their son Henry, my uncle Joe & Grandma....I can't wait for Thanksgiving in order to gain back some of the weight that I lost during my stay in Paris!

Also on the agenda during this little vacation is the construction of my Christmas card! I've spent a decent amount of time on it already, but am happy to report that it will soon be finished. Here's a sneak-peek picture of me eating a croissant aux aumonds at Jim Morrison's grave at the Cimitiere Pere Lachaise. It was actually the least tasty of all the desserts I ate that fateful day, and I briefly considered leaving the remains of the dessert on Jim's grave as a present. However, there were several other visitors and I felt it might not exactly be appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home