Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It's Never Too Early...

...to start thinking about this year's Christmas Card!!!

Allow me to unveil my master plan for this year's card. It took me awhile to come up with the concept, but now that I've settled on one I'm quite excited to begin work. I knew that I wanted a French theme, for obvious reasons. At first, I had considered making a card featuring as many offensive French stereotypes as possible. However, as it is somewhat difficult to depict "rudeness" in a single photo (and also because quite honestly I have quite honestly found that stereotype of the French to be inaccurate during my stay thus far), I nixed this idea. Instead, I will be combining a French theme with that most American of all traditions: the eating contest!!

My plan is the following: this Saturday, November 4th (or maybe Sunday--I haven't decided which), from the hours of 10am until 6pm, I shall attempt to visit as many Parisian monuments as possible...and at each monument I shall eat a different form of French pastry. I shall take a photo at each location to commemorate the occasion, and together these photos will form the basis for this year's Christmas card. For example: I might eat a croissant at the Louvre, for instance, or perhaps an apple tarte at the base of the Eiffel Tower, or maybe even a pain chocolate at Jim Morrison's grave in the Pere Lachaise Cemetery. I still haven't decided what to call it...maybe the Tour du Croissant? I'm still not sure yet, nor am I certain how many pastries I will be able to gobble down during the course of the day: 15? 20? 50? Who the hell knows. One thing is for sure, however: I certainly won't run out of a variety of different pastry types or monuments to choose from, though, so I will be limited by one thing and one thing only: my voracious appetite for sugar & bread!

To this end, I seek YOUR help: please post comments (for once) on this blog with your suggestions as to famous monuments in Paris that you would like to see Nate eating a pastry. I will certainly try and accomodate any and all suggestions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

The statue of liberty (or whatever it is called in France), Moulin Rouge... but I think the best would be if you can get one in front of a TGV

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home