Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Carte de Sejour

After nearly 4 months in France, I finally received my Carte de Sejour today. Hah! Take that, French Bureaucracy. You can make me wait, but in the end I am victorious.

Not much else going on today. Lab: Same old. Maybe some good results this week if my experiments behave themselves. Family: Looking very much forward to seeing the fam for Thanksgiving in the next few weeks. Politics: Go Dems! I'll log on first thing in the morning to see the results. Tour du Croissant: I seem to have recovered my taste for French pastries just fine, as I was able to enjoy a tasty pain chocolat that somebody had brought into lab this morning.

Since it's a slow news day Nate-wise, a few French translations of some Disney movies:
Blanche Neige et les Sept Nains = Snow White & the Seven Dwarves*
Cendrillon = Cinderella
La Belle au Bois Dormant = Sleeping Beauty (literally: The Beautiful Woman of the Forest Who Sleeps)
La Belle et le Clochard = Lady and the Tramp (a clochard is like a bum)
Qui veut la peau de Roger Rabbit ? = Who Framed Roger Rabbit (literally: Who wants the skin of Roger Rabbit?)