Saturday, June 16, 2007

TP9

I'm giving the French a point in the standings because Tony Parker walked home with the 2007 NBA Finals MVP. Never thought I'd see the day when a Frenchie was given this prestigious award (there have been two other foreigners who have won the NBA Finals MVP--Tim Duncan of the US Virgin Islands, which doesn't totally count, and Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon of Nigeria, a crucial part of the All-Nate Team. As I've said before: it's my contest, and I'm allowed to make up random rules as I go along. Besides, I'm running out of topics and am considering wrapping up the content sometime in the next week or so. The US better get its ass in gear and start taking this contest seriously! France 14, US 12.

French for the Day: the French word for the game "tic-tac-toe" is "le jeu de morpions." I like the word for two reasons: first, it sounds like the English word "scorpions", and second, it's also the word for "pubic lice."


2 More Pics from last weekend: a cool Fernand Leger painting at the Palais des Découvertes as well as my very pregnant wife in front of a statue at Trocadero.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home