Thursday, December 07, 2006

They Say It's Your Birthday

It's now officially Dec 8th (at least according to French time) 12:05am so I guess it's my birthday. 33 years old. That's old. When somebody asked me in the lab today how old I would be turning, I actually had to stop and count back from 1973. I've lost track, that's how old I am.

Interestingly, there are two other people in my lab--both of whom are named Marie--who share the same birthday with me. Tomorrow, a triple birthday party is planned.

Had a very successful dinner party tonight with the neighbors--all of whom happen to be American professors from the Boston area who are renting an apartment in Paris for the year--and it was really nice having intellectual conversations in my native language for a change!

French Vocab for the Day? We'll make it an easy one, and thematic as well: "Joyeuse Anniversaire" (the French way of saying "Happy Birthday").