Friday, December 01, 2006

Random YouTube Links

Bonjour mes amis,

Fortunately for me, I'm feeling less run-down and fever-y. Hopefully one of those 48 hour bugs. A slow news day today Nate-wise, so I thought I would direct you to check out some of my favorite YouTube posts:

Jimmy Fallon Star Wars parody: "Did you hear me say I like 'The Notebook'? Because I don't."

Chad Vader: Night Shift Manager: detailing the adventures of Darth Vader's younger and more inept brother Chad.

Another Star Wars parody: Sticking with the Star Wars theme. "Ow! This helmet is chafing my eyebrows!"

Coup de Boule: the #1 novelty song in France, an homage to Zidane's infamous head-butting incident (and a catchy tune to boot)

Story of Jim & Pam (The Office): cheesy music video detailing the relationship between Jim Halpert & Pam Beasley. I can't help it, I'm addicted.

Robot Dancing: only one way to describe this: w. t. f.

Dave Chappelle: What if the Internet were a real place?

Hebrew Crunk: Happy New Year, Jewish-style.

Jack Black Spider-Man parody: the scene where Jack is flipping his webs all over the place never ceases to crack me up.

Jack Black Lord of the Rings parody: "this little bad boy gets the ladies to where they're trying to go every time."
Enjoy!

But before we leave: the French lesson of the day. It has to do with another "faux ami", the phrase "passer un examen". Today I announced to my coworkers that "J'ai passe mon examen"--I had wanted to say that I passed my exam (referring to my USMLE Internal Medicine Boards exam--I got the results when I was back for Thanksgiving--so I'm certified asn an Internal Medicine doc for the next eight years!)--but in fact what I was saying was, "I took my exam," since "passer un examen" simply means that you sat down and completed the exam. The correct phrase for passing an exam is to say, " J'ai reussi l'examen" (reussir being the verb for "to succeed).