Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Take Your Pick

Two rather, um, shall we say, distracting signs which are plastered all over the place around the city, featuring two absolutely gorgeous Frenchwomen. The first is a movie poster for Audrey Tatou (you may have seen her in "Amelie" and more recently "The DaVinci Code") in her latest film, looking as adorable as ever. The other is, I'm a little embarrassed to say, a loungerie ad, featuring Emmanuelle Beart. Can you believe that she is 43 years old?!? These ads are especially prevalent in the Metro, and one of these days I'm going to miss my stop while checking them out a little too closely... Anyways, take your pick between these two, you can't go wrong.



French expression of the day: un cerf-volant, which is the French word for kite. Literally, however, it is translated as a "flying deer" (cerf=deer; voler=to fly).

In other news, congrats to the Duluth Dominators, who this weekend captured the regular season title in my Fantasy Football League (I still play with a bunch of my buddies in Philadelphia...thank goodness for the Internet; I haven't watched a full game of American-style football all year long...) Playoffs are this weekend and hopefully I won't choke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home