Thursday, November 30, 2006

De La Fievre

Je suis epuise (I'm exhausted). It results from a particularly annoying combination of "decallage horaire" (jet lag) and also something of a viral illness I seem to have picked up.

French Grammar Lesson of the Day: When I came into the lab today and tried to explain that I was sick today to my labmates, I said, "Je me sens un peu malade; hier soir j'ai eu un fievre", which means, "I feel a little sick; yesterday night I had a fever." I learned however that one must always add the preposition & definite article "de la" before fever: "Je me sens un peu malade; j'ai eu de la fievre".

Since I am too exhausted to entertain you any further, I will instead give you some interesting Halloween photos my sister Susie sent me. The pictures depict her Halloween costume (a pineapple) as well as that of her boyfriend Andy (an evil clown). An interesting combination. Apparently the evil clown was responsible for making several women cry in fear during the evening.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home