Thursday, November 03, 2005

Bob


The big claim to fame of Duluth, Minnesota (my home town), apart from being the Western-most port on the Great Lakes, is being the birthplace of Robert Zimmerman aka Bob Dylan. What is Dylan's greatest album? Most people think Blonde-on-Blonde (1966) but I've got to go with Blood On the Tracks (1975). This puppy's got my all-time favorite Dylan song ("Tangled Up in Blue", the lyrics to which are perplexing and have been the matter of interpretation over the years) as well as a bunch of other quality tracks such as "Idiot Wind", "Simple Twist of Fate", and "Shelter from the Storm".

You may ask yourself: Where does Nate find the time to rate Dylan albums and peruse wacky Halloween costumes if he's a doctor? The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind....no just kidding. The answer is that I'm currently on my "Jeopardy" block, in which I basically have the time off to do as I please, but if anybody gets sick or if there's an emergency I have to be prepared to get to the hospital within an hour's time. It's a pretty sweet deal when the pager is silent (as it has been thus far...knock on wood) and has been much more quiet than my past tours of duty on this rotation.

1 Comments:

Blogger nathanhellman said...

Bob is the man, we all know that. If you click on one of the links on my homepage by the way you can see the house (in Duluth) where he lived when he was young.

I heard E.P. got engaged! Sweet...

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home