Monday, October 24, 2005

Watta game!


What a great game to get to see in person! Yesterday's 20-17 Eagles' victory over the San Diego Chargers will certainly be memorable for me. I will admit that Philly kinda lucked out--don't get me wrong, the blocked field goal was inspired--but the ball bouncing up conveniently into the waiting arms of special teamer Matt Ware was pretty damn fortuitous.

And to top things off I even got to witness firsthand the latest of Terrell Owens' notorious end-zone celebrations after he scored the Eagles' lone offensive TD of the day. I could only find one AP photo of the celebration, which is shown on the right. After scoring, T.O. untucked his little towel and then draped it across his left forearm. He then carried the ball with his opposite hand, as if he is impersonating a waiter, as shown below in the cartoon:


I'm not sure why he decided on this for his celebration...perhaps symbolic of his "serving up" one of his patented touchdown celebrations? I certainly don't rank it up there with his Sharpie football signing TD celebration, or the cheerleader with pom-poms celebration, both of which were brilliant. However you have to admit that it's original...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home