Sunday, July 15, 2007

Feu d'Artifice

We had a phenomenal, albeit physically taxing, July 14th Weekend! It's pretty late on Sunday night and I should probably take my sleep while I can get it, so I'll just rapidly post about the fireworks. We watched the show from the roof of my lab building at Hôpital Necker; I brought the whole gang to see. Sophie's first fireworks!

The fireworks, with the backdrop of the Eiffel Tower, were some of the nicest I've seen. Based on loyalty, however, I'd still have to say that my favorite place to watch fireworks are back at home in Duluth, MN over Lake Superior. Places I've seen Independence Day (I'm counting July 4th along with Bastille Day in this list since they occur around the same time):
Duluth, MN
Joliet, IL
Chicago, IL
New York City, NY
Saint Paul, MN
St. Louis, MO
Philadelphia, PA
Paris, France

Also, it was great seeing our nieces Maeva and Auxanne again. They were both so enthralled and eager to participate in taking care of the baby, here's a picture of Maeva feeding her petite cousine Sophie.
Lots more pictures to share in the upcoming week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home