Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Routine...

So I'm slowly settling into a routine during my rotation in the ICU's at the Brigham & Women's Hospital. Fortunately, I'm starting to feel more and more comfortable in my role as a fellow, which is quite different than that of being a resident.

The routine: wake up a shade after 5am, sneak out of the house without waking up the little one, ride my bike (more on this later) to work, and usually work from about 5:45 am 'til about 6pm or so. Every fourth night I'm on-call (fortunately, I don't have to stay overnight in the hospital--I just have to return phone calls every so often and be ready in case there's an emergency and I actually do have to come in) and every third weekend I have to work the entire weekend which bites the big one but at least it means I get the other two weekends off. Even if it's hard work, having a routine helps.

Anyways, I'm still biking into work. It only takes about 15 minutes to get into work (mostly downhill) and about 20 minutes to get back (mostly uphill). I'm not sure how long I will be able to continue this--probably until the first time I get to work with muddy slush all over my pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home