Thursday, September 27, 2007

Go Twins

I've got tickets tomorrow (courtesy of my main man Dave P.) to see my first-ever live Fenway Park baseball game. To make matters even more juicy, I get to watch them play my hometown Minnesota Twins and root for the Boston Red Sox to continue their late-season choke job which will hopefully continue into this year's playoffs.

I can't completely explain why I root for the Red Sox to lose, but a good example for my disdain against Boston baseball was demonstrated last week while flipping channels. I came across the top of the 9th inning of a Boston Red Sox-Tampa Bay Devil Rays baseball game TAKING PLACE IN TAMPA BAY which featured a dramatic come-from-behind victory by the Red Sox. The thing which struck me was that the crowd, a significant majority of which was sporting annoying pink Red Sox paraphenalia, was cheering like wild for the away team! Now, I couldn't name more than 2 players who are current Tampa Bay Devil Rays players, and I have nothing against their team, but in my opinion it's criminal for any home crowd to be cheering for the away team in any circumstance. It makes my blood boil. It also proves the point that the Bosox don't need any more members of Red Sox Nation, and as a result I shall be pulling for the Yankees from here on out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home