Saturday, July 28, 2007

Farewell to Parc Montsouris


Last Sunday the Farewell Tour continued, making a stop in Parc Montsouris not far from our apartment to visit with our friends Nicolas and Sandrine one last time before leaving Paris. Nico and Sandrine are part of the original group of "St. Louis Frenchies" that I hung out with during my graduate school days at Washington University. Over the years, they have been such an important part of my French education, introducing me to such wonders as the raclette (a method of eating melted cheese on various hams and potatoes--mmm!), GĂ©rard Depardieu films, the legend of Serge Gainsborough, and a countless number of French phrases and expressions (one of my first: "Putain! J'ai la dalle!" which can be roughly translated to, "Fuckin' A, I'm hungry!")

Pictures: Above shows their daughter Anais (who has changed so much since our last encounter in Parc Montsouris, almost one year ago!) meeting Sophie for the first time. Anais was very happy as she was allowed to take a pony ride.

And both Dads got to relax with their daughters in the parc....

...including myself, wearing my personaled "Florent Malouda" French National soccer jersey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home