Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Tribute To Captain America

Captain America has met his demise. As many of you may heard, Marvel comics icon Steve Rogers aka Captain America was gunned down by a sniper in issue #25 of Captain America Vol. 5 last week. He will be missed.

I've had a special connection with Captain America (probably my second most-beloved Captain after Cap'n Crunch) since my youth, when I proudly displayed my Captain America underoos for all to see. Also, I managed to meet the real Captain America at the FAO Schwartz Toy Store in New York City back in '93. Look how happy we both were! Indeed, these were happier times.

At least our Metro station, Mouton Duvernet, was reopened today. Hell, yeah.

French for the Day: the word for "a head of lettuce" is "un pied de salade"...which is counterintuitive because the word "pied" means "foot," not "head." Doesn't it look more like a head than a foot? This is definitely a case where the English word is a better one than the French alternative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home