Monday, March 05, 2007

Instant Karma's Gonna Get You

Some of my favorite pics taken on my trip to Prague were in front of "the Lennon Wall." As in John Lennon of the Beatles, rather than the Vladamir Illich variety of Lenins which has also left its mark on this part of the world. The Lennon Wall is a short stretch of ordinary concrete wall which during the 80s became a place where Czech youths would write "peace and love"-themed graffiti, often with direct quotes from John Lennon. Not surprisingly, this pissed the Communists off to no end, and they repeatedly painted over the graffiti, only to find that the next day it was filled up with even more.

With the fall of Communism, the Lennon Wall has been allowed to grow, and is covered with overlapping layers of John Lennon quotes and portraits. I liked the way the photos turned out because they're so colorful. Here are a few of them:
In French news, I began a new chapter in my quest for learning the French language. For the second semester I have decided to enroll in an "intensive " French class, which meets a total of 8 hours a week (Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri 8am-10am). French for the Day: the word for "wheelchair" is "un fatueil roulant"--literally translanted as a "rolling armchair".

1 Comments:

Blogger Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Karma Mobility Solutions

Keep Posting:)

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home