Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Eiffel Tower Lite

Lying atop Petrin Hill overlooking the city of Prague is a replica of the Eiffel Tower...which is one-fifth the size of the real thing! Strange but true. Kind of funny that we traveled from Paris (the site of the real deal) to Prague to see the replica, but there you have it. It was built in 1893.

French Word for the Day: un queue de pie, which is (kind of) the word for tuxedo. Interestingly, the French are not really that into tuxes--the queue de pie is specifically a long-tailed tuxedo which, as in the United States, is often associated with classical music performances. For weddings, most French men simply wear a nice two- or three-peice suit. The word for the day is topical, as I just had to shell out some dough to rent a tux for my buddy Dave's "black tie only" wedding coming up in Memphis at the end of March. I think all of you out there can probably guess what my stance is on "black tie only" weddings, seeing as how I didn't even wear a tux at my own wedding...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home