Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day...

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody...

There is definitely an awareness that Valentine's Day is today (as evidenced by the line outside most flower shops on the way home), though most people in the lab informed me that it only started becoming part of the public consciousness over the past 10 years or so, and there are many who refuse to celebrate it based on its perceived commercialization recently. My gift to my lovely wife: flowers, a nice dinner out (well, at least I hope it will be nice--I'm waiting for her to come home so we can go out), and a DVD of The Most Romantic Movie of All Time (Casablanca). Not too shabby if I do say so myself.
In other news: time to bolt down the furniture, because BECCA MOEN is coming to town! She and her friend Jean will be staying with us in our humble (read: tiny) Parisian apartment for about a week, and it should be fun. Perhaps if Becca plays her cards right, she may even be asked to be a guest blogger, who knows...

French for the Day: instead of saying "yuk!", Frenchies say, "beurk!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home