Sunday, December 17, 2006

Pensees de Nate

Other random news items:

-Overall, I've had mixed results with my latest Palm Pilot purchase, a Palm Life Drive I received for a birthday present from my parents last December. In general, it does what I need it to do (I use it predominantly for scheduling, looking up medications when I'm playing doctor, and recording French vocabulary words and other interesting tidbits I encounter during the day which I'm likely to forget otherwise) but was about 4 times more expensive than my last Palm Pilot and sometimes seems a little bit slower. Furthermore, it decided to just stop working about a month ago, and ever since I sent it in to get repaired (fortunately, it was still within the 1-year warranty period) I've been going through Palm Pilot withdrawal. In all fairness, however, I haven't yet taken advantage of all of its bells and whistles (e.g. I haven't used its WiFi capabilities yet), and it is pretty cool that it has 4GB of memory on it.

-since my Palm Pilot has been temporarily lost for the moment, I've adopted the "flash card" method of learning new French vocabulary words.
-yesterday was the first day of operation of the new Tramway line which is part of the already impressive Paris Metro system (which is, incidentally, one of my favorite things about living in Paris). The new line is within a 15 minute's walk from our apartment.

-here is one picutre of me eating a pastry along the banks of the River Seine and another which is a close-up of a grille paume that turned out particularly well.

-French Expression of the Day: instead of saying, "I know this city like the back of my hand, " in French one says, "Je connais cette ville comme ma poche," or , "I know this city like my pocket."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home