Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Da Beach

Our last day in Ireland, after spending a delightful stay at the bed & breakfast The Jigsaw House (which I would gladly recommend to anybody who happens to be visiting the area), we decided to hit the beach. Dublin, as you will recall, lies along the eastern coast of Ireland, and we drove north along the Irish Sea until we made it back into town. Along the way we encountered some great sand dunes and did some low-key hiking (as our legs were already starting to feel heavy after the previous day's mountain adventure).

Did you know that Ireland has seals? I can't say that I ever really thought about it, but I can confidently answer in the affirmative after happening upon a family of seals in the tiny town of Wicklow! There was a baby (in white fur, lying on the beach) along with two adults (two brown spots in the water, plus a closer-up version of what we think was the momma seal) nearby.



And there you have our mini-holiday in Ireland! I'd definitely consider going back again in the future, especially to do some more exploring along the many hiking trails.

In other news, I recently got the first positive result in lab (hopefully I won't have to wait another three months for the next one...) and I decided to "demote" myself from the Niveau 4 to the Niveau 3 in my French class (see this post for an explanation as to what the hell I'm talking about) but I think it's for the best.

A revoir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home