Wednesday, January 18, 2006

This is SPINAL TAP

Hey, hey, hey it's Wed night in the MICU...my penultimate call! My very last one shall be on Saturday night and after that I have 2 weeks of elective, during which time I plan to get my affairs in order before going to BOTSWANA (more on that later in a future blog entry).

So far it's your average day in the MICU....baseline busy, but not completely insane (yet). One intubation. One groin line already placed; another neck line to be placed later this evening. My intern got signed off on LP's (which stands for "lumbar puncture", the same thing as a spinal tap)--there's a dude here with refractory cryptococcal meningitis, the treatment for which is serial LP's...he's received TEN spinal taps in the past ten days! We've got two new admissions thus far and a busy emergency room which is the source of potential business throughout the night...

That's it for now...let's cross our fingers for a humane night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home