Friday, January 13, 2006

That sucked.


I won't talk much about my call last night...only to say that it's one of only two nights during my residency during which my body never entered my call room (that is to say, a got a sum total of ZERO hours of sleep over my 30 hour+ shift). The low point was when I thought my intern had accidentally cannulated somebody's carotid artery with a large multi-access central venous catheter, a scary large-bore catheter you put in sick people. The good news was that after calling a stat Vascular Surgery consult and reviewing the information we ultimately figured out that we were safely in the good ol' internal jugular vein as originally planned...

I'm going to sleep. It's time to take a break from all this suckitude...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home