Monday, January 02, 2006

Fresh Meat


Tomorrow I get a new intern to play with!

Let's hope he can handle the pressure of the MICU...

I'm on call again tomorrow...I'm certain that it is going to be one disaster of a day, for a few reasons. First, it'll be the first day after a long holiday weekend, and sick people who have avoided going to see their doctors will be teetering on the brink of severe badness, necessitating at least a couple of admissions to the MICU. Second, I'll be dealing with my fresh new intern who will be predictably both shocked and appaled by the Apocalypse Now-esque aspects of the MICU. Finally, tomorrow is the historic occasion of the GRAND OPENING of the full 24-bed MICU. Previously we have been dealing only with a 12-bed MICU & and a 12-bed IMCU (and intermediate-level setting where the patients are only *potentially* sick as dogs). By doubling our MICU beds, we will be doubling the pain.

What shall make things bearable for me, though, is the light at the end of the tunnel: Claire is returning to the U.S. on Wednesday, and Thursday is my ever-so-precious DAY OFF!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home