Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Hedonism of Days Off




Ah, the Hedonism of Days Off...after a horrifying week of MICU Madness, I certainly feeled that I have earned my 24 hours of freedom.

In my view, the MICU is so emotionally taxing that days off should be spent basking in the glory of mindless activities and frivolous comforts. Activities which might make your brain hurt, such as reading scientific papers, studying for the medical boards, or checking the labs of your patients hanging out in the MICU online are to be avoided.

To that end, today's Day Off activities were certainly a success! I slept in, spent the first 3 hours of my day laying the smack-down on the Sand People in my Star Wars video game, ate a heaping pile of French toast with my friend Ann-Marie (check out her new blog as she and her fiance embark upon a 5-month journey to India, China, & Southeast Asia), took a sweet nap, and just returned now from playing some basketball at the gym. I'm returning to a nice fire in the fireplace and perhaps a glass of wine with dinner...













It's almost enough to make me forget that I'm on call again tomorrow :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home