Tuesday, December 20, 2005

it's madness i tell you....just madness!


T-minus two days to Christmas vacation. It definitely helps keeping this in mind while reflecting on today's craziness as the superstar Super SAR. We've got patients with brain tumors being admitted to Medicine with neutropenic fever! We've got patients with cocaine cardiomyopathy and ejection fractions of 5% being started on milrinone drips in the ER! We've got patients moving in and out of the MICU like it's a revoling door! A few minutes ago one of the other residents ran in here and grabbed the stethoscope from around me, ran out, and came back in 15 minutes later to give it to me (my Super SAR phone was ringing and I was too busy to talk to them). It's a madhouse I tell ya.


By the way, what do you think is going on in this picture? It looks like some bizarre chocolate sauce body art competition.

Only another 20 minutes and I get to bike home in the freezing home and treat myself to some extra yummy leftover barbecue bratwursts.