Sunday, December 18, 2005

Knights of the Old Republic


So my buddy Dave bought me the Star Wars video game "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" for my birthday recently. I have to say that after only a couple of hours the past two days I am indeed hooked. It's one of the role player deals where you can choose to be either a jedi or to follow the Dark Side and become a Sith. So far I've decided to tread the way of the Light. Now if I can only just figure out how to make it past the Rancor without dying...

Note to self: try not to spend TOO much of your free time on this video game...

In other news...I saw Peter Jackson's KING KONG yesterday. Long movie. A pretty good one, too. A few of the scenes on the island where a little bit random and fall into the common trap of having too many crazy things happen one right after the other (e.g. crazy lost tribe attacks, followed by the stampeding dinosaurs, followed by the giant ape, followed by the giant flesh-devouring insects, followed by the vampire bats...well, you get the picture)...but these were all in the original Kong movie and therefore I can see why they had to be included in this version. And on the plus side, the scenes with King Kong rampaging through 1930's NYC were outstanding, the big monkey boy had a definite personality, and my friends all agreed that the leading lady (Naomi Watts) was a total hottie.
Not too much work on jeopardy this week (knock on wood)...I was called in on Friday to work in the MICU (medical intensive care unit), my least favorite place in the entire hospital other than the cafeteria...but it was only for the day, none of the patients I was covering was actively trying to die, and therefore the experience could be classified as a tolerable one. Let's keep the pager silent for the rest of the weekend so I can watch the Vikings put the hurt down on the Steelers this afternoon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home