Friday, November 11, 2005

Kidneys, Kidneys, and more Kidneys...


Holy crap, that's a lot of kidney beans.

So I've spent the past 2 days at the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) annual meeting, which is fortunately here in the City of Brotherly Love. I'm a little kidneyed-out after spending the past 48 hours inundated with talk on nephrons, polycystic kidney disease, dialysis, and erythropoietin, so I won't get into great depth except to say that it's been a very exciting meeting & I can't wait to get on with my Nephrology training--both in the lab as well as my clinical fellowship...

The highlights:
*presented my poster today which went reasonably well.
*realized that I now belong to the same professional society as my father...which is both weird and cool at the same time.
*having chance to talk and meet with Corinne Antignac & her lab--helping solidify my plans to spend next year in Paris.
*great breakthroughs in cystic kidney disease.
*met some friends from medical school I hadn't seen in several years--and finding out that they too are being trained in the Ways of the Kidney.

Now I'm waiting for my mom to fly into town (my dad is already here) so we can fire up the raclette maker and go to town...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home