Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Fun with Johnny Goodtimes


Had a very spontaneously fun evening yesterday upon returning home from my first night of Renal Consult!

First off, I made Claire watch The Princess Bride for the first time ever. Giants from Greenland! True Love! The vengeance of a Spaniard! Rodents of Unusual Size! Swashbuckling galore! Miracle pills by Miracle Max! Is there any doubt that this movie's got it all? I still remember when I was coaching the Lester Park High School 5th-6th grade boys' basketball team, and for our end of the year party we showed this movie...they were transfixed!

Inconceivable!

After the movie (which, by the way, was spent simultaneously dining on yummy bbq'ed sausage & chicken) I got a phone call from my buddy John Evans, back from Botswana. We headed over to The Bards for some beers with some other friends, and ended up playing an impromptu game of Quizo, the Philadelphia area bar quiz game as hosted by none other than Johnny Goodtimes hisself. We improbably beat local legends Sofa King in a close match and walked away with a gift certificate and a bunch of free concert tickets. I'll put up a photo of the winning team in short time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home