Saturday, November 19, 2005

2 Bets I Recently Won With My Wife


What did people do before the Internet I wonder? Amongst the many areas that it has undoubtedly revolutionized, one is certainly Bet Resolution. Get into an argument with your friend about whether or not the city of San Francisco has less than a million inhabitants ? (It's only about 700,000 by the way). Just hop on the 'Net and resolve your differences in a matter of seconds!

Two bets I recently won with my wife with the Internet serving as the final arbiter:

#1: I said that your average cup of coffee has way more caffeine in it than a standard 12 oz can of Coke. I was of course correct. About 100 mg of caffeine in the typical coffee, about 30-45 mg of cafeine in your typical soda (or "pop" for all you small town Midwsterners out there). Which explains my observation that coffee drinkers can often be seen with a crazed look of madness on their faces shortly after their morning fix...

#2: Are potatoes vegetables? I said YES (in part to refute the accusation by my wife that I don't eat enough vegetables), she said NO. The U.S. Department of Agriculture on its newest version of the Food Pyramid clearly states that the potato is a bona fide veggie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home