Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Help! The wedding cake is on fire!


A cool photo of our flaming wedding cake (called the "piece montee" in French, which I guess is their traditional wedding cake). The sparklers are certainly good for a dramatic entrance. One of my goals for the weekend is to scan in some of the wedding photos and get started on putting these photos up online.

So I finally gave my presentation on Jehova's Witnesses & bloodless surgery...so no more comments on the history of this fascinating religion and their interesting system of beliefs, I promise...

A good week for comics this week (a new batch hits the stands each Wednesday...when I was a kid it was every Thursday, and for whatever reason with the change of days I always feel a little giddy when I get a chance to pick out my comics "one day early"!) This ish of "Y the Last Man" is particularly good...I think this would actually make a pretty good movie or TV show someday, if they did a good job of selecting out the good parts..