Wednesday, August 31, 2005

U.S. Open


So I got to go to the U.S. Open with Claire's lab yesterday!

It was completely different from any sporting event I've been to before. I'm a reasonably big sports fan, and when I go to a sporting event, I want to do one main thing: watch the game. You go to the bathroom or get food at halftime or between innings. The U.S. Open is different--there are probably about 15 games going on at any one time, and you are free to peruse any of them. I ended up watching just one full match (Amelie Mauresmo vs her Italian challenger whose name I can't remember) but at least a portion of about 12 other matches. And you're there for the entire day long, so it's perfectly acceptable to take a break from the tennis and eat some lunch (or even take a nap in the grass, which I had to do because I was just coming off a horrendous 7pm-7am shift from the ER that very morning...)

The best match of the day was a 4-hour affair between the 18-year-old Frenchman Gael Monfils against the 18-year-old Serbian Novak Djokovic. I was rooting for the French dude, naturally, who looked a lot like Tracy McGrady (right down to the Nike apparel) exept he was playing tennis not basketball. He lost, but it was a nail-biter and now I'm hoping he becomes famous one day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purchasing memory cards is such a big hassle... You have to Google prices, sort through which ones are legit, visit a bunch of shops,compare prices, finally buy your memory, and then hope that the price doesn't fall in the next month or so.

I've been screwed over by crazy price changes in the past... especially this one time when I bought a Micro SD for my DS flashcard at what was apparently a bargain price, only to later see that it had dropped by $5 in a week.

(Submitted by Nintendo DS running [url=http://cid-2602f0e287041cef.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2602F0E287041CEF!106.entry]R4i[/url] WhatPost)

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home