Monday, June 13, 2005

The Night Shift


The Commodores, famous for such Motown faves as "The Night Shift" and "Brick House"... Posted by Hello

Seven Days of Night Float Started working the night shift starting last night...I have to work from 11pm until about 8:30am or so...really the hours are not so bad except there is a chance that I can get called in starting at 6pm each day in case the hospital is super busy, so I have to keep my pager on. Last night really not so bad. I'm signed on for the week... So far I've spent most of the day with intermittent episodes of sleeping, and watching a TV series on "The History Channel" called "Conquerors", as hosted by Captain Dale Dye. I'll admit that it's a little melodramatic, with a host of overplayed battle re-enactments. But in general it's a good little series with more educational value than your standard history documentary. So far today I've learned the stories of William the Conqueror (kicked some Anglo-Saxon ass in 1066 during the Battle of Hastings and defeated King Harold), Hernan Cortez (did you know he burned his own ships at Veracruz, in order to prevent them from mutiny?), and El Cid (the hero of medieval Christian Spain was played by Charlton Heston in a 1961 film)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home