Thursday, June 09, 2005

Beauty & The Geek


Chuck Munyon & his lovely partner Caitlin's promo picture for WB's "Beauty & the Geek". Posted by Hello

Well, I finished my shift at the hospital--all in all not too painful, I'm so much more efficient than I was as an intern, which definitely helps! My sleep schedule is still all messed up--up until last Sunday I was working night shifts, now I'm getting jeopardized to be on call at hours that I can never predict...tried sleeping after getting home at about 1pm but with the combination of the heat, the construction work outside, and my pager going off incessantly I am still pretty out-of-it. Because I was not really up for any mind-blowing intellectual stimulation, I got together tonight with some friends and watched the 2nd episode of the new WB-reality television show, Beauty and the Geek. One of the medical students here at Penn with whom I've worked, Chuck Munyon, is one of the contestants, and with tonight's episode somehow managed to turn himself into the "stud" of the show thus far! Okay, we're certainly not talking about quality television here...it's probably on-par with Fox's "Man Versus Beast" show in terms of sheer ludicrousness...but it's kind of fun to watch if you have somebody you can cheer for. Go Chuck!