Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stump versus Quizzo

What TV sitcom detective owned two doberman pinschers?

Who was the only U.S. President to have served in a submarine while in the U.S. Navy?

What fruit-themed movie title starred Woody Allen as a Latin America dictator?

I found the answers to these questions (and more) at last night's Stump Trivia contest at a local bar in Somerville. When I was in Philly, there was this way-cool pub trivia game most local bars called "Quizzo" which I was addicted to. I found the local Beantown equivalent of this--called Stump Pub Trivia--and gathered up some of the fellow Philly-to-Boston transplant crowd and we tried it out last night. The verdict? Well, we didn't win, but it was still pretty fun. A little slower-paced than Quizzo, and it loses some points because I think all the Stump trivias in the city are run by the same corporation--but the questions were generally well-researched and reasonable. Hopefully we'll go back.

The answers, by the way, are "Magnum, P.I.", "Jimmy Carter", and "Bananas".

I'll end with a nice B&W photo of Sophie taken by our friends Audrey & Charlie during our recent trip to San Francisco.