Saturday, November 17, 2007

Walden Pond

For the better part of the day I was having major flashbacks to my 11th grade English class with Momma Oberg (I can't even remember her first name anymore, she was always and will remain "Momma Oberg" in my mind), as we read a fair amount of famed American author and transcendentalist Henry David Thoreau. You see, Claire, Sophie and I visited Thoreau's Walden Pond, which is only about 30 minutes or so outside of Boston. It was quite pretty, though I think we missed the peak fall colors by about 2 weeks. Some photos from our day:

Sophie insisted on driving us there.

Still some nice patches of beautiful New England colors to be found.Words of wisdom from the man himself.
Site of Thoreau's former log cabin (Claire is standing on where the chimney used to be).

Pretty colors...
It's cold out! As proof you could see ice in the process of forming on one of the smaller ponds.

Sophie happy to warm up at a coffee shop in nearby Concord, MA.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Adorable! Momma O (Donna, btw) would be proud!

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home