Friday, November 16, 2007

My Secret Weapon

Long time since I've rapped at 'ya, to steal a line from one of my main amigos Jim Anchower.

It's time I unleash my "secret weapon" for my Nephrology fellowship: it's my father. A nephrologist himself, my father is my own personal repository of kidney-related information at any hour. Well, not any hour. But often I will run a case by my Dad before I present it to my attending so I can look all smart and all. Also, the other night my Dad gave me some advice about a patient who chugged a bunch of antifreeze (which contains ethylene glycol, a compound which needs to be emergently dialyzed off) which prevented me from having to take a trip into the hospital at 2 in the morning. And there was much rejoicing.

Looking forward to my "weekend off" (it's in quotes because although I have Saturday off, I am covering the dialysis unit Sunday from 7am-noon and then can get called in anytime after 5pm). Awesomeness.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home