Saturday, May 05, 2007

Suzanne Eating a Corn Dog

Okay, I realize I'm backtracking quite a bit--my friends Dave and Lisa's wedding was actually at the end of March--but I realized that I still hadn't posted a photo of a very monumental and indeed historic occasion: namely, the very first corn dog ever eaten by my friend Suzanne Zentko. The event took place on Beale Street at about 2 in the morning.

How can one go so long in life without experiencing the joys of the corn dog? Quite frankly, I'm not sure I could have survived my adolescence without them. In Suzanne's case, I suppose we can blame it on her childhood in Slovakia, which during the Communist era was evidently a corndog-less country.

French for the Day: the French word for corn dog is......just kidding, I'm sure there is no French word for corn dog, they would be far too sophisticated to even consider eating a food that can be summed up as processed meat coated in cornmeal batter and then attached to a stick.

Furthermore, this backtracking blog entry also allows me to post a photo of my favorite Jewish wedding tradition: the part where the bride and groom (Lisa and Dave) are lifted up and down on chairs. It's just plain festive. I didn't get any pics of the even as I was on chair duty at the time, but these are from the official wedding photographer.