Thursday, May 03, 2007

Doin' The Robot

When we visited the Louvre last week during Nir's visit, one of my favorite parts was, believe it or not, the robot which cleans the windows on the giant glass pyramid controversionally commissioned by François Mitterand in 1989. It's operated by remote control (or at least I think it is, I saw one worker fiddling with a joystick-type contraption next to the robot), and I took pictures of it from both the inside and the outside of the pyramid.

Incidentally, while it suggests in The DaVinci Code that the pyramid is comprised of 666 triangles--the number of the Beast, as we all know--it actually consists of 672 triangles.

And if you really want to see somebody "doin' the robot", check this out.

French for the Day: something which confused the hell out of me during my first few weeks in France: the word "un crayon" actually means "a pencil." Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home