Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Few Movies

A few movies I've seen recently and my two-sentence reviews:

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3 yesterday night: I enjoyed the original, but both sequels were poorly written and confusing. The guy with the octopus head is pretty cool though.
Zodiac: a long movie (2 1/2 hours) which keeps you entertained from start to finish but the ending leaves a lot of questions unanswered. Since it was based on a real-life story, I guess that's not the director's fault.
Shrek le Troisième: I'm looking forward to this coming out soon, though since it's a kid's movie I'll most likely end up watching it in the "versione française" (French kids understandably wouldn't be so keen to read subtitles for a cartoon movie). This could be problematic for me, since I could hardly stand a word of the French spoken by the Gingerbread Man in the preview.
Topic of Battle for today: cash money. Which country's system of money is more convenient? The Frenchies with this battle with ease. I really enjoy the 1 and 2 euro coins; they're really handy and large enough to be useful. The U.S. really needs to figure out what to do with its nickels and pennies. Think about it: pennies have been the lowest denomination coin in circulation for a long time, and due to increasing inflation it's been increasingly devalued to the point where it's hardly worth anything at all. And nickels are just plain annoying; they've always been my least favorite coin. The U.S. has introduced 1-dollar coins at various intervals but they really haven't taken off for whatever reason. I think they should try again.
The score so far: US 6.5, France 5.5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home