Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Elvis is Alive

When in Memphis....
Yes, we went to Graceland while in Memphis. How can you not? This was actually my second visit to Elvis' shrine, the first time coming during an impromptu road trip from St. Louis during my wild n'crazy graduate school days. He's still alive, you know. I have proof: a few days ago I saw the face of Elvis in my grilled cheese sandwich.

They say that Johnny Hallyday is the "French Elvis." But we all know that nobody can really compete with the King. I mean, who else could look so good in a jumpsuit with an embroidered tiger on it? Certainly not Matt Ortman, pictured above next to the Pelvis himself.

French for the Day: when it's raining outside and somebody complains about it, a good response is, "On n'est pas en sucre." It is translated as, "We're not made out of sugar." Learned that in my French class this morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger MattyO said...

Nate! I beg to differ. I actually own a whole series of jumpsuits with various animals embroidered across the chest, and I look equally fantastic in all of them. Qu'est-ce que tu as!?

11:17 PM  
Blogger MattyO said...

By the way, that picture of me sucks. Why did you post it?

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone would watch the movie Roadhouse it is all there.The character Pete Stroudemire played by Jon Paul Jones well you be the judge. Remove the mustache the brown contacts his height compared to Red West his cousin. The high cheek bones the weight. And the whole plot of the movie all the karate. Patrick being picked on tawnted by the girls,meeting and girl then kicking the crap out of the bad guys finally doing on in to get the girl. By the way which was pay back for the karate instructor who taught Elvis' wife. Hey check it out.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ugg boots
ugg boots
michael kors uk
ugg boots
ugg clearance
pandora jewelry
michael kors outlet clearance
nike outlet
basketball shoes
replica watches
201711.6wengdongdong

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home