Friday, January 12, 2007

Sacre Coeur

Since I'm in a bit of a rush as I'm about to head out for another fabulous French meal courtesy of my parents, I'll quickly post a few pictures from our visit to Montmartre a few days ago.

It was a gray and overall shitty day. I think it's rained at least part of the time every single day since my parents arrived. C'est la via. (C'est la France dans l'hiver aussi). We began by climbing the tourist trap that is the Sacre Coeur, and we in fact had a minor misadventure when we were told by another group of tourists that one of the exits was closed when in fact it wasn't, leading to us being "trapped" at the bottom of a stairwell for about 10 minutes.

Other featured pics: my Dad during the ascent up Sacre Coeur (left), view of the Paris buildings from the top of the basilique, and a colorful carousel just in front of the church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home