Monday, January 08, 2007

Malouda!!

One of my favorite Christmas gifts this year was a replica jersey from the French national football (aka soccer) team, given to me by my sister-in-law Laure. It comes with the name and number of one of my favorites on the team, midfielder Florent Malouda, who is originally from French Guiana. Here I am modeling the maillot in the privacy of my own apartment.

French Words of the Day:
"les pommes sauvages" = crabapples. Literally, "les pommes sauvages" is translated as "wild apples". We used to pick the crabapples at Holy Rosary Church when we were little, though you had to make sure not to get caught by the ever-watchful nuns.

"les taches des rousseur" = freckles. "les taches des roussuer" is translated literally as "spots of redness".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home