Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Mister Books in French

The research lab I work in is at a children's hospital--Hopital Necker-Enfants Malades, to be exact--and I found a moutain of kid's books hiding in the room with the film developer. I was surprised and delighted to see one of my favorite book series, "the Mister Men", in the French translation. Are you familiar with these? They are short and very simple, and each book has as its main character somebody who's name embodies their characteristic. For example, there's a Mister Chatterbox, a Mister Busy, a Mister Happy, etc. Anyways, I pilfered a copy of Monsieur Rigolo (Mister Funny) and had a nice little mental walk down memory lane. It's also good for vocabulary: shown here are Monsieur Malchance (malchance = bad luck; in the U.S. the character is known as Mr. Bump), Monsieur Malin (Mr. Clever), Monsieur Meli-Melo (Mr. Muddle), and Monsieur Sale (Mr. Dirty).

In news which couldn't be any more related, I found out that my Fantasy Football team, the Duluth Dominators, despite a poor showing in the playoffs managed to earn me $70 for winning the regular season. A nice surprise.

Also, for those of you who have not yet seen the brilliant SNL digital short featuring Andy Samberg and Justin Timberlake rapping "Dick In A Box", I strongly urge you to check out this link. I've been humming the tune in my head all day long!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I saw that video a couple of days ago. The digital shorts are the most creative thing SNL is doing these days. I tried to find a link for the "Chronic -what- nals of Narnia", which you need to see...

This past week, this is the SNL skit that keeps running through my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YhBShNYqvo

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home