Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Return from Rennes

Just got back from Rennes--our four-day-long Fulbright mid-year meeting--and I'm pretty exhausted. It was exciting to hear everybody's research talks--which ran the gamut from quantum physics to ceramic sculpture to child psychology to art history to...well, you get the picture. I participated with a talk on cystic kidney diseases.

Like any destination in France, the culinary experiences play an essential role in the discovery of a particular region. Although I have had more than my fair share of crêpes during the year (it's actually one of the staples of my diet), I had perhaps the Best Crêpe Ever in Rennes last night. They are a specialty of the region, as is the Stratford-on-Avon-style architecture displayed in the photo, yet another reminder of how closely connected this region of France is with its neighbor across the English Channel.
After the Best Crêpe Ever, things got even more wild. I ended up getting my (left) ear pearced with a bunch of my colleagues to commemorate the event! What do you all think?

1 Comments:

Blogger pat hellman said...

That's so fake!
Mom

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home