Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ancient Waffle-Maker

As somebody who is one of the biggest waffle fans of all-time--I shudder to think how much money Eggo Waffles has made off me over the years--I was extremely excited to come across this exhibit at the Cluny Musée de la Moyen Age (Museum of the Middle Ages) , which included ancient casts such as this from around the 12th century which were used to make communion wafers and also "les gaufres"(e.g. WAFFLES).

Can't blog for too long tonight...I have a veritable stack of homework for my French class which I have to do for tomorrow. Why does our French teacher give us gobs of homework on Mondays (due on Wednesdays) but hardly any on Wednesdays (due on Mondays)? Much like Tootsie Pops, the world may never know...

A few additional You Tube recommendations: first, they made an animated pilot episode of one of my favorite comic books, Mike Mignola's "The Amazing Screw-On Head." Last I heard, though, it's not going any farther than that. Second, anyone who hasn't seen the "Star Trek Cribs" series had best get on the ball..

Almost forgot: French for the Day: the word for "homework" in French is "devoir", which is also the same word as "duty", so when you say, "I have to do my homework," it's kind of like saying, "I have to do my duty." Au revoir!

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I love this pic--I would love to collect old waffle irons, a personal interest of mine. It looks a lot like the modern krumkaka irons.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home