Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Weight Off My Shoulders

Wow, 10 days since my last blog post. It's hard to come up with an excuse for that. I suppose my recent Grand Rounds talk, which I gave yesterday and is a humongous weight off my shoulders, will have to suffice. I had been asked to organize a "Morbidity & Mortality" conference, a series within our Department of Internal Medicine meant to examine a particular case in which the outcome was, well, crappy. In this case, it was the unfortunate story of a 71-year-old woman who had a cavitary mass in her left lung which was assumed to be cancer but ended up being tuberculosis. Unfortunately, this was not figured out until about a week prior to her demise. Below is an image of the patient's CT scan. Can you see the abnormality? My wife (who is not even an MD) was able to point it out, and I bet you can, too. See? Being a doctor is a piece of cake...



To celebrate, my return to the blogosphere, we're going to try something new. It's called "Colonel Hellman's Question of the Day", until I can think of something better. Here it is:

According to the Johnny Cash song "Folsom Prison Blues," why did he shot a man in Reno? (Click image for answer).