Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Congratulations to Me


Bizzles!

So it looks like I won't have to be mooching off my wife during our planned year in France after all! I got word yesterday that I was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship, which will help support my studies there as I work in the lab of Dr. Corinne Antignac, where I will be studying diseases of the kidney. I found out yesterday, and am quite excited (and relieved) to know that I will be receiving some financial support during the year.

Our move to France is coming up soon! My last day of residency EVER is on June 20th (I have to work a night shift in the Emergency Room, where nobody will care that it's my last day...very anticlimactic). After putting our shit in storage and then subjecting Claire to her first ever Duluth trip, we're hopping on a plane to Paris. Now all I'm waiting for is my French visa application to come through, which should hopefully be sometime in the next few weeks... That's right, it won't be long before I'm wearing a beret, walking around with a loaf of French bread under my arm, rioting in the streets, and basically fulfilling every possible offensive French stereotype I know of.

In honor of my scholarship, I looked up some information on its founder, J. William Fulbright, for the Question of the Day. Fulbright was a Senator, serving from 1945 to 1974. From what state was he? Click the pic of Senator Fulbright below...