Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Nate Update

Congratulations to me! It's the last night of the Super SAR Nights Beat-Down Week.

It's been kind of a crazy week what with all the stuff on my plate recently. Since it's been awhile since I've blogged and there seems to be a lull in the action at the hospital for the moment, I shall break things down by topic:

1. Tonight's Eagles-Giants Football Game: I correctly predicted two months ago when my main man Dave Portnoy informed me that his girlfriend Lisa had won a pair of tickets to see the Iggles face off against the G-Men that she would decide she didn't want to go because (a) she dislikes football and (b) she dislikes sitting outside for 4 hours in the cold. Fortunately for me, I was correct, and due to my Nostradamus-like prediction I was awarded the second ticket. What a game! In my opinion, the Eagles are to be commended for nearly pulling off the upset with a bunch of second-stringers in the major skills positions. Plus I got to bust out my long underwear, which I probably haven't worn since my glory days back in Minnesota.

2. My 2nd career in Hollywood: Filming continues for our Internal Medicine holiday party, and I'm extremely excited to have the results revealed to the entirety of our residency class coming up this Wednesday! Check out our preliminary work at the website: http://www.petegabriel.com/movies/OSH.wmv

3. Diagnosing this dude with a pulmonary embolism in the middle of the night: the highlight of my week. The resident on the Orthopedics Service called me on the Med Consult pager asking him to see this young guy who was post-op from a femur fracture and was having shortness of breath and an increased oxygen requirement. Dude had an S1Q3T3 on his EKG and I holla'ed out: "Yo! You gots to heparine this beezatch for a P.E.!" My suspicions were of course verified by the V/Q scan performed in the middle of night which read "high probability for a pulmonary embolism."

4. My friend Becca's hot new blog: you can check it out at www.ludicrouslutefisk.blogspot.com. There's only one entry thus far but I have no doubt that it will set the standard for blogs everywhere. It's da bomb.

5. Christmas plans in the Pacific Northwest: I wasn't sure what I was doing until a few days ago, but recently bought tickets to celebrate the Yuletide season with my college buddy Jason Medeiros who is chillin' in the Seattle area. I was going to go to France with my wife, but I don't really have enough days off (or enough cash-money) to make it happen. I've never been to this area of the country and am excited to see what it's like.

6. Christmas cards: copies of Nate's 9th Anniversary XMas Cards are printed out and ready to be mailed out...probably will be finished in the next 7-10 days.

That's all the Nate news for now! Stay tuned to this blog for all of your 24-hour-a-day Nate Hellman News Update needs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home